My challenge for October is the Nike Run To The Beat. A half marathon with 18,500 runners powered by Nike+ and 14 Music Stages. The Everest Million unite again…
Run for the Everest Million?
You’re my Hero. This is what the campaign is all about, a Million people coming together to help others.
Please tell all your friends to sponsor you at
Please tell all your friends to join us on Facebook
Use #THISISFORTHEM and @Everestmillion in your tweets!
Need the Everest Million image to post on your Facebook page? Click here to download
Want to train for it too?
Here’s a few things i’ll be doing
- 1km best effort, 600 meters jog. Repeat. As the weeks pass increase the number of repetitions until you’re doing 6 or 7. This helps to build up race pace and a comfortable rhythm.
- Hill sprints – Great for building speed and power.
- 10 mile run – A slow run to build up endurance and confidence.
- Low impact training – Love my bike, so i’ll be using that to take a break from the running impact.
- Resting – If you’ve got a twinge or just feel fatigued, take a day or two off. No point getting a serious injury.